Christmas Day 2016 Messages
Christmas is the day that is set aside for the commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ. Christians rejoice it on the 25th of December in all the corners of the world. Jesus Christ was not born on this day precisely but this day was selected to correspond with the pagan Roman celebration, which honors Saturnus and Mithras. The date of this festivity came following the winter solstice, which is the smallest among all the days in a year in the area of the northern hemisphere. These celebrations were established to make the people aware of the fact that winter is not eternal.
Jesus Christ was born near about 2000 years ago. To the people who follow Christianity, Jesus means the Son of the God and also as the Rescuer of the world. They trust the fact that He took birth to die for their sins and as a result, they might go to heaven. Christmas truly comes from the ‘Mass of Christ’. It was but afterward reduced to ‘Christ Mass’.
Christmas in America
The American Christmas received its main characteristics from England all through the colonial era. Some spiritual groups, like the Quakers of Pennsylvania and the Puritans of New England, claimed the observation of Christmas as a whole on the theological base that this date was set falsely by the early Church and thus was not a genuine holiday. The Puritans at first framed the Thanksgiving Day as a replacement for Christmas. Thanksgiving consequently became close to the Christmas festival, more or less marking the viable commencement of the Christmas term.
Christmas Day Symbols
The mistletoe is a usually utilized while doing the Christmas decorations. By custom, the people who get together below hanging mistletoe are made to kiss each other. The Mistletoe has pagan links; for an example, the druids of Gaul viewed mistletoe budding on the oak trees as hurled from the heaven. Other general decorations linked to the festival of Christmas are holly and ivy that are associated with the Pagan festivals as it was traditional to ornament with greenery for these festivals.
The photos of Santa Claus, who is also known as the Father of Christmas, reindeer, snowmen, and the candy canes can be seen in posters, cards, signs and other material which are associated with the Christmas festival. The images of the Christmas star, baby Jesus, and other signs related to the spiritual meaning of Christmas are also seen at the time of the Christmas Eve and the Christmas Day.
Christmas Day Messages
- Season’s good wishes! Be certain to get some occasion out of your hectic life to take pleasure in the magic of the holidays this period.
- Wishing you and all your family members with lots of love and peace this holiday season! May you sense the enjoyment in your house that you convey to me!
- I love Christmas, not for the gifts and presents but because of the entire lighting and decorations along with the tenderness of this time of the year.
- I’m wishing you blessings and a lot of happiness and joy for the coming Christmas. I am so content to have you as a part of my family and I relish spending quality time with you.
- Christmas is the occasion to offer gifts to your family and allow them to know how greatly you always care about them, so that is what I am doing this Christmas. What about you my friend?
- It was at all times said about him, that he knew how to keep Christmas good if one man alive had the awareness. May that be really said to us, and all of us! And so, as Tiny Tim behold, God Bless Us, each one!
- Christmas hurls a magic wand over the whole world, and observes, everything is softer and even more gorgeous.
Christmas Day Activities
An economical set of horseshoes can make a grand family game. Actually, an amusing idea is to unite all of the games played on Christmas and make your own Christmas Event! You can compute the scores from every game as you are there and discover that who is going to be the Sportsman of the Year. Make sure that the prize is something undemanding that would not cause too much envy amongst the winner’s friends or family, but also make sure that the prize is to be given for real.
You can simply make it a yearly tradition every Christmas for something that the kiddos will surely look ahead to. It is economical and thereby provides an incredible manner to spend a Christmas Day. Once everyone is drained, you may also continue the celebration inside with some interesting board games along with coffee. As December 25th is all about being together with your family, therefore, whether you choose to watch a movie, play games, or just take a sound sleep on the bed, do it as a family together.